What's in the box:
- 1 x Byte-dock
- 1 x FREE MiniDisplay to HDMI cable
Please take the time to read through these instructions prior to docking your MacBook Pro for the first time.
If you would prefer to download and print a pdf copy of these instructions - Byte-dock Instructions (pdf version)
Before you get started with your brand new Byte-dock you need to make sure your Bluetooth mouse and keyboard have been paired for the first time.
Note: If you are using Apple peripherals you will only need to follow these steps once.
Note: If you are using non-Apple products you will need to consult your manufacturer's operating instructions.
First step: Setting up the keyboard and mouse
- Select the Bluetooth icon from the top bar.
- Select the Set Up Bluetooth Device...
- Select the devices you wish to pair.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Once connected, your Apple keyboard and mouse will always connect to your MacBook Pro once they are in range.
Second step: Setting up the display
- Use the MiniDisplay to HDMI cable (now supplied FREE with the Byte-dock) with your new Byte-dock to connect your MacBook Pro to your desired TV or monitor.
- Select the correct screen resolution.
Third step: Setting up the audio output (only for audio via MiniDisplay cable (now supplied FREE with the Byte-dock).
- Select system preferences from your dock.
- Select sound from your hardware menu.
- Select 'Output' from the task bar.
- Select the HDMI device for your audio output.
Final step: Setting up your Byte-dock
- Make sure all the above steps have been completed on your MacBook Pro. Remove the Byte-dock from the packaging.
- Setup the Byte-dock by connecting your peripherals to it via the respective inputs and making sure your MacBook Pro is configured as per the steps above.
- Once all your peripherals are connected to the Byte-dock, make sure your lid is closed and that your MacBook Pro is asleep.
- From this point all you have to do is dock your MacBook Pro and wake it up (by pressing a button on either the connected mouse or keyboard). You may have to wait a few seconds whilst your MacBook Pro detects the screen and wakes up.
- No Image Displayed on Monitor - If you have no image being displayed make sure that you have the power connected to your MacBook Pro. If it is properly connected then make sure the cable is inserted correctly, and that you have power connected to the MacBook Pro.
- No Audio Output via HDMI - If you cannot hear any sound from your device please go back and make sure you have followed the above steps. Check that you have changed your sound output in the option on your MacBook Pro. If you are still unable to get audio from your desired output device via a MiniDisplay to HDMI cable (now suppied FREE with the Byte-dock), try re-seating the cable in the dock. If you still cannot hear anything make sure the volume is turned up.
- Display Issues - Should you see any issues with the displayed output via the MiniDisplay to HDMI cable (now suppied FREE with the Byte-dock), please try removing and putting the cable back in. If you have multiple converters please make sure they are all secure. If you still experience an issue try restarting your MacBook Pro.
MacBook is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.